CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Assignment # 8




In assignment #8 we had to write a interview with Louis Riel! We had to pretend that we on a talk show with Louis Riel (his ghost) and we had to ask him questions about his life and why he got executed. The talk show that we will be on is: Canadian History Talk Show! Now lets start the interview!




Me: Hello Louis Riel!


Louis: Hello there!


Me: So how are you?


Louis: I'm fine and you?


Me: I'm doing great! We are all really glad to have you here.


Louis: Me to.


Me: So we would all like to hear about your past.


Louis: Well, I was born in the Red River Settlement in 1844. I was sent to Montreal to take courses to become a lawyer, but sadly I never graduated and was sent back to Red River in 1868. When I was back in Red River (Manitoba), because I was very well educated man I became a leader of the Métis. Then in 1869 - 1870 I was in charge of a temporary government for Red River, me and the people wanted to make Red River a province and we wanted to have French language rights, but we had to talk to the Canadian Government first. Then I decided that a Canadian named Tomas Scott had to die, so I stuck with plan and killed Mr. Scott. Shortly after that I was offered a seat in the House of Commons but refused because I had a part in the death of a Canadian. After that I was put in an institution for some years and I had a belief that I had a religious mission to do. While I was teaching in Montana in 1884, I was asked to present their suffering to the Canadian Government, but they ignored there concerns, but by 1885 Métis was frustrated with there ignorance and the Government was declared. Then in 1885 I was the head disputed political and short - lived
Rebellion's. Then some time after that I was chosen to lead the Métis people. Then in May of 1885 just shortly after the fall of Batoche, I surrendered and was taken then to Regina for trial. At my trial I gave two long speech's trying to prove myself not guilty, but on August 1st 1885 a group of 6 English - speaking men proved me guilty and I was hung in Regina on November 16th 1885. Well that's my story!


Me: Oh my that was very interesting! Thank you for coming and telling all of us your very political story.


Louis: It was my pleasure; thank you very much for have me!


Me: It was our pleasure! Crowd let's give Mr. Riel a round of a clause!


Thank you for reading, I hoped you learnt more about Mr. Louis Riel!


If you would like to know more about Louis Riel you can check out some of these sites. (they helped me out)



or



















0 comments: